Sunday, April 3, 2011

'Shades of Red' to LIVE FOR...

There is nothing like a good red lippie! A red lip can change the look of an outfit...... it can change your attitude...... basically... it can change your life =)   ok ok I kid! Here are a few of my reds!

Left to Right:  Revlon "Fire and Ice", wet & wild 519A, MAC "Ruby Woo", MAC "Heartless"
Lip Liners top to bottom:  Prestige "Tomango", Estee Lauder "07 Red"

Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick 720 "Fire & Ice"... This lipstick is a creme formulation and feels sooo good on your lips. I love this lipstick when I was something extra bright! Fire & Ice definitely has an orange undertone.. it just screams fire engine red!!

wet 'n wild in 519A... I don't even remember when I purchased this lipstick.. a long time ago! This lipstick is on the more sheer side, but can be built up quite a lot! It is very blue-based. If you are looking for an inexpensive red that can be sheered out, this is a good one!

Left to Right:  Revlon "Fire & Ice", wet & wild 519A, MAC "Ruby Woo", MAC "Heartless"
Lip Liners top to bottom:  Prestige "Tomango", bottom Estee Lauder "07 Red"

MAC "Ruby Woo"... This is a must have for everyone's makeup collection! Ruby Woo is the perfect true red with a matte finish. However, because it is a matte lipstick it can be rather drying, so make sure to exfoliate and moisturize your lips well before using!

MAC "Heartless"... I saved the best for last!! Unfortunately, "Heartless" was limited edition (it came out with MAC's Venomous Villains collection) so I don't know where you could find it now : (  Buuuut I had to mention it because it's my fav! Heartless is an Amplified lippie so it's super pigmented and creamy. The shade is a bit deeper than Ruby Woo.. more of a blood red I would say. This one will stain your lips a bit, but nothing too crazy. If you ever run across this lippie I suggest you snatch it up!



PRESTIGE Lipliner in  "Tomango"... This is a great shade that can be used with reds, corals or orangey colors. It is rather easy to apply without being super creamy. Prestige is available at many different drugstores (I believe I got this one at Walgreens) and is rather inexpensive. I wouldn't recommend this if you were looking for a liner to last all day through eating and drinking, but if you just need something to sharpen up your lip line it's perfect!

Estee Lauder DoubleWear Stay-in-Place Lip Pencil in "07 Red"... I featured this lip liner in a previous haul and I must say, I have fallen in love! I don't know about you, but when I wear a super bright bold lip I am always a bit paranoid about it wearing off or getting smudged, and me having no idea! Nobody wants to walk around looking like a hot-mess :) This lip liner is seriously amazing. It is by far the longest wearing lip liner I have come across, and well worth the money in my opinion.  A+ !!



What is your favorite red lippie?!

Xx-
Bethany

5 comments:

  1. I wish i could pull off red lipstick. I admit i think dark berry colours look better on me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love red but it doesn't compliment my skin tone

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a lovely deep red gloss from Givenchy Christmas Collection and I love the MAC Cyndi and MAC Cockney. Everthing is posted on my blog!

    Heartless looks great!

    Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! How intense are those reds?! They'd look stunning with your gorgeous blonde hair! Love this post!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have Ruby Woo and I LOVE it! I like that it's matte. Just have to prepare prior with a good lip exfoliation! hehe

    ReplyDelete

I always love reading your comments!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...