Wednesday, February 9, 2011

'Drugstore Haul' to LIVE FOR

So, today while I was wasting some time before an appointment, I found myself walking around Walgreen’s looking for something (anything really) to buy. And I think I stumbled across some gems:


-Revlon Metallic Nail Varnish in 928 Silver Dollar: Ever since I saw the Katy Perry collection that OPI came out with I’ve been thinking I need a good silver polish in my collection. To be quite honest I don’t know how often I would wear a silver polish so I decided to pass on “Not Like The Movies” by OPI. However, when I passed the Revlon display this metallic polish nearly screamed my name!! It’s not your ordinary silver… it’s like a million tiny particles of silver diamond dust mixed up into a nail polish. Genius.

-Sally Hansen Xtreme wear Nail Color in 420 Pacific Blue: Lately I’ve found myself day-dreaming about summer, and everything that comes with it. Including bright nail polishes! Instead of the typical bright pinks that I’m typically drawn to, this polish is a gorgeous blue-periwinkle color that I don’t think I’ve ever seen in a polish. Can’t wait to wear this!!

-Sinful Colors in 831 Hottie: At only $1.99 I don’t feel guilty buying a polish that I may only wear a handful of times. It’s worth it just because of how pretty it is in the bottle! This glitter reminds me of the OPI glitter polishes. The base polish isn’t clear, but also isn’t an opaque blue. And the different sized glitters reflect like an aurora borealis stone.

On to lip products!

-Nivea – A Kiss of Flavor, Cherry Tinted Lip Care: I have been wanting to try the Burt’s Bees tinted lip balm for a while now but haven’t been able to make myself shell out the $8 to actually purchase it. And everyone raves about the Nivea Kiss of Moisture.. so of course when I saw that Nivea had come out with a tinted moisturizing lip balm for only $2.99 I couldn’t wait to try it! Has anyone tried this balm or the Burt’s Bees? I’m not sure the lasting power this balm will have… time will tell.

-Rimmel London Lipstick in 070 Airy Fairy: I saw a swatch and review of this lipstick on youtube.com and was convinced to try it. I’m rather picky when it comes to lipsticks but I do really like this color. It’s a great pinky-nude with an almost gold shimmer. Although the color is nice, I think this is the cheapest packaging I’ve ever experienced from a decent drugstore brand. It’s a super light plastic and just feels cheap. I don’t know how else to put it. At $5.99 (I got buy one get one 50% off) I can’t believe what terrible packaging this lipstick has. Ok enough ranting.

Best for last!!!

-NEW Revlon Colorburst in 004 Pink Ice Glace Rose $7.99: I absolutely LOVE this gloss. And unlike the product above I am OBSESSED with the packaging. It reminds me of a Chanel Glossimer. The color is also gorgeous. If you like pinks or nudes and like some sparkle this is perfect for you. It does feel the slightest bit grainy, but being used to MAC dazzleglasses and etc I don’t even notice it. The gloss also has a scent….. probably supposed to be vanilla but I think it actually smells like tapioca pudding….. weird I know!


Have you visited the drugstore lately? Discovered any exciting finds? Tell me about it below!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love reading your comments!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...